Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Life of Discoveries and Discoveries of Life

Discoveries – major, minor and those in between – have given my life a true meaning. The major discovery in my life so far has been the belief that I embraced a few months ago, Islam. One discovery after another, I was convinced that Islam was the answer to the questions that had remained unanswered for some time – whether God existed, whether life just stopped after death, why there were so many different religions and other rather-skeptical questions about life. To share a bit of my experience, one of the interesting things I discovered about Islam is that the Quran, the Islamic scripture, contains a number of scientific facts which have been confirmed by modern science hundred of years after it was first revealed. Read more at www.quranmiracles.com should you be interested.

Other than that, I guess each day of my life so far has been full of discoveries. These years of my life is all about learning, that is, discovering often-unimaginable things: the huge energy generated by the nuclear fusion actually traces down to the study of the smallest division of matter, atomic physics; and the beauty of numbers in that they can be complex too! As inseparable part of growing up, I have been discovering that my life is also about discovering certain attitudes and characteristics of people which I might not have noticed when I was a little kid. Having been away from my parents for quite some time, I realize that they do care about me a lot – that’s another thing that makes my life meaningful!

5 Comments:

Blogger Brad Blackstone said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 29, 2007 at 7:10 AM  
Blogger Brad Blackstone said...

I really appreciate this heart-felt response, Eve. I can fully understand how important your "discovery" has been, and I'm happy for you. If your religion gives your life full meaning, then you indeed are a lucky person.

Thank you for your post!

August 29, 2007 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger k said...

Hi Eve, I agree with you that our parents do care a lot about us. In fact, they care A LOT more than I thought. Lets's work hard and try our best in everything we do to repay them and let them be proud of us! cheers (:

August 29, 2007 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Monboy2006aiu said...

Your essay is enthusiastic and metphorical, especially second part. I didn't know that Islam is that the Quran, the Islamic scripture, contains a number of scientific facts. I will visit the site which you suggested, and I will contact my friend who live in Islaimic world. Keep discoveting

September 2, 2007 at 12:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Life's meaning is completely different between those who have religious believes and those who don't have(Actually I don't know whether the antitheism is another kind of religion or not). At this point, no one is absolutely right or wrong. If you find your life is given by the belife, then your belife deserves to be kept.

September 2, 2007 at 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home